Dexter: Season 1
The first season of Dexter is an adaptation of Jeff Lindsay’s first novel in the Dexter series, Darkly Dreaming Dexter. Subsequent seasons have featured original storylines. This season aired from October 1, 2006 to December 17, 2006, and follows Dexter’s investigation of “The Ice Truck Killer”. Introduced in the first episode, “Dexter”, this serial killer targets prostitutes and leaves their bodies severed and bloodless. At the same time, Dexter’s foster sister, Debra Morgan, a vice squad officer, aspires to work in the homicide department, and Dexter’s girlfriend, Rita Bennett, wants their relationship to be more intimate. Christian Camargo appears as Rudy Cooper and is a recurring character until the end of the season.
The show’s first season received generally favorable reviews from critics; it was praised as “bold, different and exciting, with a central character and performance that take your breath away” by the New York Daily News. The Wall Street Journal saw “the grotesqueries of Dexter” as “not something that can easily be dismissed with the old “you don’t have to watch” line”, and concluded that “We do have to live among the viewers who will be desensitized, or aroused, by this show”. The aggregate site Metacritic scored the show’s first season at 77 out of 100 based on 27 critics reviews.
- 1-1DexterOct. 01, 2006
- 1-2CrocodileOct. 08, 2006
- 1-3Popping CherryOct. 15, 2006
- 1-4Let's Give the Boy a HandOct. 22, 2006
- 1-5Love American StyleOct. 29, 2006
- 1-6Return to SenderNov. 05, 2006
- 1-7Circle of FriendsNov. 12, 2006
- 1-8Shrink WrapNov. 19, 2006
- 1-9Father Knows BestNov. 26, 2006
- 1-10Seeing RedDec. 03, 2006
- 1-11Truth Be ToldDec. 10, 2006
- 1-12Born FreeDec. 17, 2006